Friday 6 August 2010

It is Finished!

No, not the renovations. They won't be finished until the cows come home, and only then if they have sold all their milk, exchanged themselves for some magic beans, climbed a bean stalk and plundered all of the giant's treasure and robbed a couple of banks on their way home. So no, not the renovations - they aren't going so well.

But the baby blanket is done. Finished and completed, all made and all lovely (apart from a few frayed spots where the cats chewed the wool - sorry about that Moon). It is in the post and should reach my brother and his lovely wife before the stork arrives with their little bundle of joy.


At least that is one less thing that I have to worry about while on holiday working in Ecuador.

And, of course, the renovations will be finished when I get home.........

12 comments:

Carole said...

How beautiful! I'm so happy for Moon and Mrs. M...Oh, and Auntie DBM, of course. :)

Moon said...

I don't know what to say .... just Thank you so much xxxxxxx

Cortes said...

Well done DBM, it does look lovely. You are a talented lady indeed.

Auntie Rita said...

Looks great Deb, Auntie Elsie crocheted a similar one for Ian and I've still got it!! So you see it will become a Wheeler heirloom! Hurry up and get it in the post though or he'll beat you to it...

Sistertex said...

It is beautiful! That is one lucky little one coming into the world.

Carolina said...

Of course. So sweet that you still keep believing ;-) There is always hope. There is.

And a sweet blanket too. You have so many talents.

Baino said...

Aww it's beautiful. You should be very proud.

Jane said...

Well done, indeed! That baby is lucky to have an Auntie like you!

Don't Bug Me! said...

Carole: What exactly are Aunties supposed to do? I hope it isn't too demanding.....

You are very welcome, Moon!

Cortes: I have my moments, even if they are few and far between.

Auntie Rita: Ahh, now you know all about being a great Auntie, don't you? Perhaps you can give me a few tips. The blanket is in the post and on its way, so it should get there before the baby arrives, but who really knows?

Sistertex: Lucky, and I suspect very spoilt once he finally arrives. So sorry to hear about Scooter - he was a star.

Carolina: I am hoping for the renos to be done by the time I return ..... oh, OK, so perhaps not, but at least I might have a functioning bathroom. That would be nice.

Baino: I am just glad it is finished! I have already told Moon that is one per family, so if he produces any more, they will have to share.

Jane: I certainly don't pick up the crochet hook for just any old baby.

jay said...

How pretty! I'm sure Moon and Miska won't mind the odd bit of cat drool. LOL!

I've never met an entomologist who knitted baby blankets before. Certainly, my Dad never did, nor his friends John and Eric. And stretching the definition a bit, not even the Spider Lady!

Moon said...

It's arrived !!.. and it is beautiful ...... thank you so much xxx

kate said...

How beautiful is that - and isn't it a wonderful feeling when you finish these things!!!! Enjoy your holiday????