There are certain things in life, little things, that make us happy. Small things that seem to be disproportionate in their simplicity and the amount of happiness that they bring us. You will be able to recognise such a thing since it will result in a little sigh of contentment. Here are a few of my little contentment moments:
- Warm sun on your face after a long, cold winter.
- The first sip of ice cold diet coke on a hot summer's day.
- Slipping in between cool, clean sheets and snuggling down into a beautifully made bed.
- The first burst of hot water showering over your head and shoulders after a week of cold, damp camping and not changing your clothes for a week.
- Letting the floodgates open after really, really, REALLY needing to pee for a long time.
"Happiness is.......... to hug a warm, soft, furry-purry kitty cat"
Willow is very good for this, since she seems to automatically start purring whenever you pick her up. Still, you must not let that lull you into a false sense of security - she is still all claws and teeth, so one does have to be on one's guard. But even so, she is so warm and soft and when she purrs, all is right with the world.