Wednesday 28 May 2008

Another Day, Another Sunset.....



Mr. DBM is not very interested in this blog. He claims he doesn't know the URL and that he never reads it. So why do I bother with it, if even my own husband is not interested? I could claim that I do it because I enjoy writing the posts and that I do it just for my own satisfaction. But that wouldn't be the whole truth, would it? I would be lying if I didn't admit to the fact that I love logging onto my blog and seeing the comments that I get. Every time I check my blog, there is the anticipation and the excitement of seeing if anyone has read it, if anyone has left a comment. And if someone has, a little part of me jumps for joy. If there are no comments, I always feel just a wee bit disappointed.


The eagerness to share some of my thoughts, experiences and photos has led me to appreciate the finer things in life just a little bit more. When I saw this sunset last night, I actually stopped and watched the sky and the changing patterns of cloud and colours of light. Instead of just glancing at it and moving on, I actually stopped to admire the beauty of the evening. Whenever I see anything beautiful or different or interesting, I now stop and look. I will take the time to enjoy the moment and even capture it on film. That, dear reader, is why I enjoy writing this blog. It has made me look, it has made me think and it has made me appreciate life and its small moments. Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same! 'A little part of me jumps for joy' when I see I have comments - especially comments to moderate, which means they're from new readers! Yay! I have a new reader! Happy dances!! Pathetic? No, it's very human, I think.

Yesterday walking the dogs after dark, one of them found a frog. Instead of admiring it and moving on, I took a picture with my phone. I may use it one day, I may not, but I took more time and saw him properly (and no, the Princess didn't harm him).

Blogging is good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

The older we get, the more reflective we feel, and the deeper we think...beautiful sight a sunset

Anonymous said...

Mt DBM is a miserable bugger sometimes x

Lovely sight sis, very beautiful, I forget to look at our sunset sometimes, I take it for granted, I will sit on the balcony tonight and watch it set over the ocean...

Dawn said...

thank you for stopping and capturing the sunset, I wish everyone could everyday. see the little things, they are all around you.

Anonymous said...

Your photos have always been much appreciated. As is the prose. Will try to comment more often, but I do enjoy the blog, and always log on to see if there is another little gem.

Don't Bug Me! said...

Jay: Well, I am glad it is not just me! I was wondering if perhaps I was just a little bit needy.

A1: While I hate to admit that I might be getting old, I certainly am becoming more reflective and definitely more nostaligic.

Moon: Mr. DBM would be a happy man if he could just quit his job and plant veggies in his garden.

Dawn: Hello and thank you for your comment. I think I shall have to add you to my links list, since I do love your photos.

A2: Another little gem will follow shortly - I have a few posts lurking in the murky depths of my mind.

Dawn said...

Hey DBM,

I have added you to my blog roll and answered your question about the lens. take care

Don't Bug Me! said...

Thanks Dawn!