Sunday 20 July 2008

10 Things that Scare Me - by Moon.


Well, as there is no room on my blog .... Thanks EM ... I'm having a hostile takeover of DBM's...

To continue the theme set by EM, here are 10 things that scare the shite out of me. This is actually quite tough, because I have been thinking about this, and I have decided not many things actually scare me. After all, I am an adrenaline junkie, sky dived, Scuba dives, been on the back of a motor bike at 140mph, bungee jumped... you kinda get the message, but here are some things :

  1. Snakes. There is definitely a reason why they were cast down and made to spend all eternity on their bellies.. I really hate them, esp the huge Anaconda, swimming in water ...... Jeez, I hate that thought ...they are just evil things, look evil, are evil ...

  2. Mrs M. Natural choice here, she is some scary woman when she starts to swear in Slovakian. She is very strong, keeps me in order, and when she says jump... Man, I am jumping !

  3. Losing Mrs M. Follows on from above really, I really do not know what I would do without her, not going to get all soppy about it, but she is my life. I have had one marriage go wrong, and that feeling of losing the person you love is a terrible feeling, the second time around, it scares me to think of her anywhere but by my side

  4. Being caught naked,or on the loo ! This comes from the numerous dreams I have about these two subjects. I have no idea why, but I wake in cold sweats over both these things. The going to work, end up being naked, and people walking in when I am on the loo... both these things would also appear on other peoples lists of being scared by ...... The door is always locked, even when I am in the house on my own !

  5. The 8th hole at Le Golf Parc - http://www.legolfparc.com/golf/ Our golf tour, loving known as The Gimp Tour, takes place every year in France, and the 8th hole at Le Golf Parc (very imaginative name, I will translate if needed ?), well the 8th is a bit like the 17th at Sawgrass, standing over the ball on the tee, nothing but water ahead of you ... squeaky bum time ! Funny how a golf tour with 8-9 of your closest friends can become very scary. Who cares if you dunk 1 or 2 balls into the drink, does it really matter, well, YES !!, to me it does !

  6. Cut by a knife This can keep me awake at night, I think of a really sharp knife, cutting into my hand, finger, and the pain that goes with it... that really scares me !

  7. Losing family and friends Now I don't mean by death... that's too logical, I mean losing touch. Since I moved to the other side of the world, I actually keep in touch more with friends and family. I am obsessed with sending e-mails, updating Facebook, and maybe that why I also started my blog, after all, it's 6am on a Sunday morning, and here I am...... I have got back in touch with EM, we have spoken properly for 3-4 years, now we chat everyday, My sister Bugs, again, we talk once a week. My brother is different. I doubt he reads this, and he never e-mails, but he does call, and sister R and Ma, we talk every week... it's scares me to death to think of losing touch with my friends.

  8. Fat People. It scares me to ever think I could become fat, I mean really fat. I put on some weight after my hip operation, and I hated it. So I now work very hard in the gym to make sure I will never be obese.

  9. The Sea I love swimming at our beach, the waves are proper big, and that means an rip curl, man that scares me. I am a strong swimmer, been in the sea since I could walk, but the thought of how powerful the ocean is, and how it is so easy to be swept away ..... 'shudder' ..

  10. Something that doesn't scare me, anesthetic ! I have a lot of operations, most people fear 'going under'.. me, I like it, I relax, and enjoy the feeling. On my last operation, the nurse was worried her 'beep' machine wasn't working, my pulse didn't move from 55, I was so relaxed !, I guess the way I feel about it is this. If I die under anesthetic, how will i know ?, it won't effect me, I'll just keep on sleeping ! The people left behind, they are the people that are scared .....

So, I'll leave you to ponder what scares you, and I'll bugger off back to my blog. Dearest Sis, I have left things in order, hovered, fed the cats some Tuuuuuuna, and don't go looking in your kitchen cupboards, that will scare you ...............

PS If you are looking for Don't Bug Me!, I believe she has gone to visit English Mum..........

10 comments:

English Mum said...

Ah, there you are, Moon - I wondered where you were. Ooh, I'm with you on the knife thing - I'm haunted by the little ones cutting themselves. Oh, and the sea, I agree with that one too - scary!!! x

Anonymous said...

I'm confused, I've been at home since 5am this morning.. where was everyone !

Don't Bug Me! said...

Hovered? That must be quite a skill, I wish I could do that. And if you have touched my glasses.......remember, I am coming down there next week.

Anonymous said...

Good Lord Moon, you're at it too...just no respect for your aged Auntie you lot...snakes and knives though, I'm completely with you there...

MYM said...

#4 is too funny :) lol But #8? C'mon, I'm fat ... I'm not scary :)

Anonymous said...

Where am I? I feel dizzy... I just read all your entries, on each other's blog. :)

English Mum said...

Hee hee - aren't we naughty minxes !!

Anonymous said...

Drowsey : Apologies, but I am talking 300lbs fat, when you know what you are doing is killing you, but you just can't stop it ....

Anonymous said...

Between us speaking, I would arrive differently.

Anonymous said...

It agree, very good message