Saturday 30 January 2010

Macro Monday - What is it?

Is it Monday already? So much for that post I was supposed to write last week. Oh well........


For the past few weeks, Jay, over at The Depp Effect, has been posting macro shots and asking her readers to try to identify the object. Now, I am not trying to copy her or steal her thing, I am only asking because I really don't know what it is. Oh yes, I know that it is the seed head of some sort of flower, but as to the identity of the flower, well, I am clueless. So, if anyone can enlighten me, that would be great. I took the photo whilst in Peru, on the way down into the depths of the Colca Canyon. You can read about this little adventure here.

For more Macro Monday, go here.


14 comments:

Carletta said...

Very cool macro!
The textures and detail are wonderful.
Hope someone can ID it for you.

Victoria said...

Gorgeous!Wonderful macro..poetic and stunning!

Carolyn Ford said...

That is quite interesting...what a clear focus! Wonderful macro...

IvyC. said...

A "Jewel" depiction!

Johnny Nutcase said...

I like it! It looks like an itty bitty crown, cool photo!

Regina said...

Beautiful macro. I think that's a reflection:).
Happy Monday.

jay said...

Oh, steal away, DBM! I love guessing games!

But though I am full of admiration for your macro skills, and love the silvery seed head against the black background, I have no clue! From what little I can surmise, it appears to be a flower which looks a bit like a poppy, in that it has that ring of stamens, with symmetrical petals all around, but obviously does NOT belong to the poppy family. I'm gonna have to wait for all to be revealed!

Christina. Sweden said...

whatever flower it has been it gorgeus and a great Macro shot

ksdoolittle said...

This is pretty awesome! I wish I could help you identify this, but am traveling and all my books are home. I'll keep coming back to see if anyone has stepped up to the plate. Thanks for sharing. ~ks

Baino said...

You're asking me?

Cortes said...

Another wonderful shot DBM. You really are good at this!

Anonymous said...

Neat shot. Reminds me of a crown (at leat the upper part does).

Don't Bug Me! said...

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all of you lovely comments. So far, no-one has come up with an ID and I am feeling a little guilty for those of you that seem to think that I might know the answer. I really don't know what it is. I really was hoping someone would be able to tell me.

Suldog said...

No clue here, either. When I first saw it, my initial reaction was 'dandelion with seeds blown away', but I'm almost positive it isn't.