Sunday 21 November 2010

Macro Monday: Grass

I feel the need to apologise. Now that the excitement over Wayne's Weather Window (apparently a Global Gift Pack is on its way), has started to wane (insert groan here), I am feeling rather deflated and uninspired. Perhaps it is the cold seeping into my bones? Perhaps it is the renovation despair that hangs like a smog over the entire DBM household? Perhaps I just need to pull myself together and crack on with life? Whatever the reason, I feel photographically becalmed. There is no wind in my sails, there are no pixels on my memory card.

So, back to the vault we go, to sunnier times..........perhaps next week will be different?


Ooooh, look what you can do if you start messing around with colour balance.....


I really should go and do some marking now......

For more Macro Monday, go here.

P.S. I have no idea what is in a Global Gift Pack. Millions of dollars? An Aston Martin?  A young, buff handyman that will sort out my house? I suspect more along the lines of a ball point pen and a baseball cap, but I will let you know when it arrives.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very striking, especially when enlarged. Lovely lines.

Cortes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
margie said...

cold is seeping into everyone's bones these days. great macro.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Beautifully captured and displayed.

David said...

Gorgeous! I've wanted to capture the same, but the lighting is alwyas bad. Perfect background effect. Happy MM.
David/ Tropical Texana/ Houston

Kala said...

Wow! I clicked on the large version and the light are details are fabulous.

Nicolette said...

Love these images... beautiful detail...

Sistertex said...

Suitable for framing! Love them, very calming - I can visualize them lightly dancing in a warm, gentle summer breeze... ahhhh.... Beautiful.

Maaike said...

a great shot of the grass

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

That second one is a great image, DBM! I love it!! I've been playing around with images like that, too. I was putting a close up of bark through photoshop filters this evening!

'Renovation despair'!! ROFL!! I know just what you mean. It's a modern disease that ought to be recognised by the medical profession.

Don't Bug Me! said...

MM: Thank you

Margie: Well, my husband has finally relented and turned the heat up - something about not wanting the pipes to freeze.

PS: Thanks!

David: Sometimes photos work, sometimes they don't. But the lighting is always important.

Kala: Bigger is sometimes better :o)

Nikki: Thanks and thanks for visiting.

Sistertex: Ah yes, I can almost feel that Californian breeze .... sigh....

Maaike: Thank you

Jay: Can I get some time off work, do you think?

Tammie Lee said...

these are absolutely gorgeous!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous photos again. Have you ever heard of www.blurb.com? If not, you should check it out I think.
;-)

Suldog said...

Is it a particular sort of grass you know the name of? Lovely, in any case.

Don't Bug Me! said...

Carolina: I have thought about doing a photobook, but that is as far as I get with most things these days. Good thing it is the thought that counts at Christmas rather than the actual gift!

Suldog: No idea - it was on the side of Big Bear Lake in California. Sorry, not very helpful, am I?